Scotland’s new career support resource for parents launches November 2014
Parents can sometimes find it difficult to support their children with career and learning decisions; there is so much to think about and a lot of big decisions have to be taken. Unfortunately, parents are sometimes unaware of any resources available to them*.
In response, Skills Development Scotland (SDS) has developed a new website: My World of Work for Parents, to help parents access the resources and information they need to support their child on their journey from school through to employment.
Why My World of Work for Parents?
- it can help parents support their child through school
- the site brings together all of the course and career information parents need to support their child as they go through school
- includes a comprehensive Key Dates calendar for parents, including timely information on:
- Modern Apprenticeship applications
- university and college open days
- subject choices
- exam results support.
Key advice includes:
- help on choosing subjects
- support finding a job – from filling out application forms to
- next steps for school leavers – information on Modern Apprenticeships or whether further study, such as university, is the best option
- funding routes.
Main site: parents.myworldofwork.co.uk
Key dates: parents.myworldofwork.co.uk/key-dates
Newsletter sign up: parents.myworldofwork.co.uk/newsletter